I'm going to be honest - the job I just applied for, I'm not sure I'm eligible for it. Oh, I'm perfectly qualified, but it is 100% remote, available at "multiple locations" in the US, but the salary listed says it depends on if you're in the San Francisco or NYC metro areas. Oh well, I guess we'll let them tell me no. Or, more likely, for them to never get back to me.
Otherwise, today was a perfectly pleasant day. I took my dogs for a walk, I did some laundry and dishes, I made soup (rather, I'm in the process of making soup). Wildly uneventful. It is probably for the best that it stays that way since I'm over "excitement" for a while. Mundane. Routine. That could be nice.
Well, probably time for another "life inventory" question. I'm still working my way through this list from Tim Ferris.
The third question is "What would I do/have/be if I had $10 million? What’s my real TMI?"
I can answer half of that. If I had $10 million dollars, after I paid off our house and student loans and all the other "smart" things like investing, I'd attend culinary school. I would probably focus on baking and pastry arts, since that's where my passion is, but with $10 million? Dang, I'd take every class!
I've also talked about wanting to make sure that I donate money, if I were ever to become super wealthy, to public services (like the library, education, fire departments, and parks) and hire myself a stylist. I like good, quality clothes, and I want someone to tell me if I look good in them.
Based on Tim's post, which sends you to another link for this activity, I do think I've come up with some good ideas with just this cursory look.
- In the spirit of the actual question and process, I could probably easily budget (once I'm back to being employed) to take baking classes through the culinary school near me. I don't know what, if anything, I would do with that knowledge other than make amazing food for myself and my loved ones, but isn't that enough?
- I know I have a heart for making things better for the people around me. As I'm unemployed, I might not have money to donate, but I do have time. I wonder who needs me...
- I know celebrities make their clothes work for them by having tailors. I have a sewing machine, so probably time to bust that out and get used to using it.
These feel right for me. Should I write this down somewhere? (Like, somewhere not on the internet. Maybe in my office. So I can see it.)
Comments
Post a Comment