It might be time to bust out some arts and crafts today.
As I look through all of the "what to do when you get laid off" help articles, there are lists and lists of questions to help you decide what you want to do next. To find the job that best suits you. To picture your life this time next year, or in five years, or in 10 years.
I don't even know what I'm doing next week!
But I think the point stands. I am going to have to do some kind of "life inventory" because of how indecisive I'm feeling after all of this. Luckily, my husband is supportive in my journey to find myself and my next job (ie: not panicking about our lack of health insurance), so I can spend some time next week (look, I have plans!) to figure out what this looks like.
So arts and crafts? Maybe I'm going old school to create a vision board. I bought some supplies to make myself inspirational quotes to go around my office. Once I know what my life looks like in 1-5-10 years, maybe I make it pretty and hang it on the wall in front of me.
What do I already know about my life in the future? I have the free time to take my nieces and nephews on excursions. I am able to afford to take them and a friend or two when we go to amusement parks (because my body can no longer do roller coasters all day, so they need an accomplice). My husband and I have a bigger yard so the dogs have more space to roam around! My husband hires a neighborhood kid to mow the lawn because he's over it. I think we have an additional dog because our house has a bedroom that is big enough for a king bed, and we have the yard for it... and now we have DJ Roomba for all the dog hair. I'm able to consistently run 5ks, and I've done a half marathon or two, and I still think a marathon is too much running.
Oh, you meant professionally. I have to figure out professionally how I'm going to be able to accommodate all of those dreams.
Well, hand over those lists with all the questions. I have some work to do.
Comments
Post a Comment