I'm pretty cranky this weekend, if I'm honest, and each event seems to be battling for which is bringing my mood down most.
On Sunday, I was throwing myself a pity party. It was the last day of our health insurance, and I was feeling weird about Labor Day weekend with no Labor to be resting from. I couldn't stop thinking about how cruel it felt to be let go from work so close to my surgery.
I haven't talked a lot about that here, but I had surgery on 7/17, and while I'm doing fine, this surgery has a long recovery period. I'm only about halfway through recovery to feeling "normal" again. I returned to work on 8/11, and was laid off on 8/19.
I don't think it was shady because I was one of 60ish people let go, but it still stings. I have no routine in my life right now! I spent 3 weeks mostly resting, because that was what I needed to do. I was looking forward to getting back to work on 8/11 because I don't have a ton of energy these days to spend out with people, but my remote job meant I wasn't just talking to myself and the dogs all day! It felt good to get back into a routine and talk to people. Then poof. Gone.
Anyway, despite feeling lousy, I put a dress on (a t-shirt dress, nothing fancy), walked the dogs, and then went to hang out with some of my husband's friends. I made boxed brownies to bring and they were a huge hit! For about 3-4 hours, I was like "ok, life isn't so bad!"
Until I got home with a migraine. And nausea. Nausea that, uh, came all the way up.
Which, as it turns out, is very uncomfortable the next day when you are recovering from an abdominal surgery.
So this afternoon while I was laying on the couch, just trying to exist, I got an email from my most recent place of employment (the ones who let me go) asking me to take their "member survey" since I was using their services while employed there. Needless to say, that perk ended when I was let go, and that survey was a rude reminder of that.
What is my point today? I don't have one. Truly. I am working through being unemployed in this blog, so I suspect some days will just be a pity party. I won't even be sharing this link out today on my socials because I don't need to bring anyone down. So if you saw this and read it and are still reading it...
How? Why? Thank you. And I'm sorry.
Comments
Post a Comment