There is absolutely no way you care about my workout schedule, but you opted to read this, so now you get to learn about it.
I started a strength training class at the YMCA every Tuesday night through the end of October. This week wasn't so bad, but I was suspicious because after Week 1, I couldn't walk downstairs without pain for about 3 days. The instructor seemed thrilled about this and told us that we signed up for this. I guess it's the same concept as you reading this.
Anyway, I found a yoga class and instructor I really like on Thursday mornings and I was looking forward to going. I was just lounging on the couch, a dog on my lap, when my phone was like "ok, time to go if you're gunna go." I somehow forgot that the class is at 10am, not 11am, and I was not prepared to ditch the dog, change, and make it on time. Luckily, my favorite Zumba instructor has a class tonight, so I'll go to that instead.
Now that we've gone through that dribble, we can talk about what you're probably here for - an update on my job search. Well, good news, you didn't miss anything. I have no updates. I know tomorrow is Friday, but I should probably check in with a few people tomorrow that I was hoping to hear back from by now. A headhunter I'm working with. Some people at places I've applied to. A friend that thought I might fit into something at their company. My sanity, last on the list, but on the list, nonetheless.
Today I applied to a second job at a company that has already rejected me. I can't even be mad, honestly, because they are better than the 20 other positions I've applied for and haven't heard back about. I suspect I don't meet all of their qualifications, but I am qualified for it. I am certified in project management. I know I can do it. So, if I get rejected again, I'm going to ask for feedback.
I'm also waiting for some kind of contracted career coach to help me with my resume. Once I get her feedback, I will implement it or change things again and then apply to more jobs. At the moment, I decided I hate my resume and reached out to a professional, so I might as well hear what she has to say before I move forward. Plus, I've got some networking events I'm going to next week - one for "Women in Tech," and the other for "Professionals Under 40." And then a workshop the week after that for building my own brand.
Maybe I'm doing too many things and not enough tweaking my resume and applying to jobs? I don't know.
Lastly, I have said from the start that this blog could be a liability for me, but I have an awful poker face and strong opinions. I can't ignore the world from the past couple of days. I am struggling to find the motivation among it all to keep job searching. I know I need a job (for like, food and survival), but when things feel too heavy or uncertain, or like you probably won't ever have a retirement based on how things are going, it's hard to want to voluntarily get back into the workforce. I've heard while you're unemployed that it's the perfect time to volunteer your time, so maybe that's something I should do now that I'm cleared from my surgery. If nothing else, it gives me purpose during the day, and I can put good out into the world.
Anyway, I'm going to wrap it up here the way we would have in yoga this morning:
Namaste, and Go Bills!
Comments
Post a Comment