Here I am, writing a blog post with nothing coherent to say.
This morning, a friend stopped by to have coffee with me. She brought us lattes and cake pops from a local coffee/chocolate/ice cream shop. We talked for about an hour and a half, and when she left, I sent her with tomatoes from my garden. It was very 90s coded, and we both loved it. While I'm certainly hoping to find a job rather quickly, I hope this can happen again before I'm back to work.
Speaking of that coffee (etc) shop, I applied to work there over the weekend, and I have an interview next week! Let's not get too excited - I'm applying to work there part-time so I can supplement my unemployment benefits while I keep looking for a big girl job, but I love the place, and it is less than 10 minutes from my house.
I haven't applied for any jobs yet today, but I am working on my Fiverr profile. I needed to prove to them that I'm an actual person who needs to pay taxes, and then I'll be able to activate my profile and take freelance jobs.
The title of today's blog, "Branching Out," refers to these side gigs I'm looking at. I don't know that I want to call them "side gigs" but I don't know what else to call them. I am applying to part-time jobs. I am writing this blog, and the blog for my husband's business, and now looking at freelance gigs. I have the "buy me a coffee" plug-in on my personal blog now (although I'm kindly asking for ice cream instead of coffee). I'm thinking of making dice bags to my husband to see with his 3D print business.
There is a fine line between the Millennial desire to monetize everything, and wanting to contribute to my family's success. Right now, I'm riding close to the latter with all of this, but hopefully soon, I can go back to "just hobbies."
In the meantime, wish me luck!
Comments
Post a Comment