Like the past couple of days, I've spent most of my day on the computer. I've got about 48,039 tabs open, a new one each time a new thought pops up, or I'm reminded of a task I need to complete.
I'm out here opening tabs and muttering to myself like "COBRA costs how much???" I spent the day researching health insurance plans so tonight my husband and I can discuss our budget. The budget - a fan favorite conversation topic among married couples. I can't even complain - if I'm honest, most of our adult lives, we've had to do very few adjustments to our spending and saving habits to be able to live like we want to, but trying to fit in health insurance on a single salary is going to challenge those skills a little bit. Our comfort, wiped away in a single last-minute meeting scheduled in the middle of August to let me know I was one of 58 people being impacted by lay-offs.
But whatever. I'm trying not to have a pity party today.
I just got off a Zoom with the NYS Department of Labor where they're out here sharing amazing tools they have for those of us who are unemployed. I will scream from the rooftops about their partnership with Coursera, and today I learned about the tool Interview Stream. I think I interview pretty well, but I will probably give this a go before my next interview.
I've been to two networking events this week, and as draining as they are for me, they were honestly both pretty good. I chatted with some nice people, learned a little bit, and got to have some delicious drinks. That said... I might take next week off from networking. I'm tired.
Tomorrow I'm attending a "basic skills" class for sewing. I have some basic skills, but I do not have the basic confidence that comes along with it. My husband bought me a sewing machine right before the pandemic, aaaaand... it hasn't gotten as much use as I would have liked it to. I'm hoping I can get some confidence and some skills and get to work! Oh, and I still have to finish that cardigan before it gets too cold. I want to wear it this winter!
Ok, if I want to figure out how to crochet that sweater, I may need some help from YouTube. Gunna need another tab for that...
(PS before I grab my crochet hooks, I will be writing a blog post for my husband's company. You can find that writing at their website, PMCS! And while you're there, check out the gallery for their hard work!)
Comments
Post a Comment