The waiting is the worst part.
Actually, my dog smelling like wet dog less than a week after her grooming might be the worst, but waiting is a close second.
I'm tracking how many jobs I've applied to, and while I've slacked off a bit lately, I still have quite a few I'm waiting to hear back on. 26, to be exact. I've also reached out to people on LinkedIn, like I'm supposed to, and I'm not hearing back. Everyone I've talked to who has had this experience in their lives says the waiting is the worst. Well, that and the rejections. Ok, that, and the rejections, and trying to stay optimistic that you know the next best job is coming. That the best thing for you is still out there.
I can't remember what I talked about last week, and going back to read last week's blogs seems like a lot of work, so anyway... I hope that you've kept track!
I say that because I had a change of plans last week. I showed up to interview for a part-time job, but we quickly realized our needs weren't compatible. With a little bit of luck, though, they have someone retiring in a couple of months who will need a replacement and that replacement needs to be trained. It comes with the whole package - health insurance, a 401k matching plan, and even a salary! It is an industry that I have no experience in, but that has never stopped me before. It's in-person, but it seems like a great place to be in-person. If I took this job, if it is offered to me, I would be choosing fun and mental health over salary. I'm supposed to hear back about it this week. My nightmare is hitting "publish" on this post and immediately finding out one way or the other.
Regardless of what happens with this job, I need to get my nonsense together and clean the house. Or go to the gym. Or try making garlic knots like I said I would 2 weeks ago. Really anything. My car could use an oil change, and I haven't made progress in my online classes in weeks.
I'm doing great.
Anyway, I guess send me good vibes this week. Send good vibes that the thing that should happen happens. I'd like to think it is getting this accidental full-time job that I interviewed for, but if it isn't that, hopefully someone wants to interview me.
Or at least I get off my ass and apply to more jobs.
Comments
Post a Comment