Listen, I hate October.
Pink ribbons everywhere? Please, I'm aware of breast cancer. I do not need the reminder.
What do we really need? Universal health care in this country that would allow women the means to get regular mammograms. Pay raises in the service and education sectors, where women make up a large segment of the workers, so women aren't choosing between food and health. Remote work so more women can be in the workforce. Childcare for all and universal pre-k so women have 3 minutes to themselves to even schedule a mammogram. Research that focuses on other parts of women's health so that we aren't all flying blind about menopause, perimenopause, endometriosis, PMDD, and why women are more likely to have autoimmune diseases than men.
But what do I know? I'm just an unemployed project manager that has a meteorology degree.
I'm sitting at home right now, GBBO in the background for the millionth time, the dishwasher finishing up, and the vague smell of fish, which I think is coming from outside since I have the windows open and it's been raining out all day. The first time in a week and a half, I think. I didn't count. I'd like to do a load of laundry, but our washer broke on Sunday, so we'll just have to wait until the new part comes in for us to fix that.
I applied to 2 jobs today, and 1 yesterday, in an attempt to distract me from the one I'm waiting to hear back from. I think I'm just not finding the right jobs for me. I'm always just shy of meeting all the requirements. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations and apply for jobs that require less experience even if they're for less money than I want. I started this job search thinking to myself "men apply for jobs they're not fully qualified for because they are confident they can do it. Have the confidence of a man." I'm telling you that I'm nearly 50 days in and that confidence has been beat out of me.
Working in a professional capacity for nearly 15 years now, but looking at entry-level jobs. This sounds right. The life of a millennial.
Ok, that's it. No need for me to continue on complaining here. Besides, my soaps are on! I have to get back to Threads to catch up on the in-law birthday party lady, and the woman live-tweeting her cruise with her extended family.
Comments
Post a Comment