Me: "I have so many jobs I've applied to and haven't heard back on any of them!"
Universe: "Bet."
The rejections are coming in fast and furious now. I've gotten 3 rejections in the past 36 hours, which includes the job I interviewed for that I was going to choose for fun over money. As it turns out, I'm not even worth $19/hr, which isn't great for morale. Also not helping is not even getting an interview for a job that someone specifically reached out to me and told me to apply for.
So I have a new system - I'm asking for feedback.
My god, I hate it.
I am already an anxious perfectionist, out of work for the first time since starting college and getting rejected on the daily, so now is obviously the best time to ask people what they think about me.
Ok, I'm being dramatic, but only sort of. I am asking for specific feedback. I'm asking people to review the website I made for my husband's business because I want to drive more traffic there. I am asking for people to review my resume and cover letter, and to write me recommendation letters. If I get a rejection from a real person (and not just an automated "no" from Workday), I ask if they can provide any feedback.
It has not yielded a lot of results yet, but I'm going to keep at it. I do have some feedback that I got about the website that I need to look at and implement, but I just got it yesterday between my 3 rejections, so I honestly wasn't in the head space to even consider what people were saying. (If you'd also like to help me out, the website is www.wnypmcs.com, and I really just want your opinion on it, or if you have any recommendations.)
As for personal feedback? Not a lot yet. People seem hesitant to want to provide it, but I must be doing something wrong.
I know I can't take too much time "off" because I have to meet certain requirements for maintaining unemployment, but I think I need a couple of days to recover and reconsider. Then maybe another day or 2 to revamp my cover letter and resume. Again. I'm also going to try and set a stricter schedule for myself - gym, dog walk, dishes, job applications, online courses, and cook/bake something for dinner. I also want to give more time to my creative pursuits, like writing, painting, crocheting, sewing, and baking. My nervous system deserves a break, too.
I think that's it for now.
... except, if you see a typo in this post, no you didn't. I don't need the feedback.
Comments
Post a Comment