I'm regretting my decision to number my days out of work through this blog. 67 days is so many days. I don't know how many days I expected to get up to before finding a new job, but hopefully it doesn't creep up into a 4-digit amount.
That said, I'm nothing if not stubborn (and loyal... as previously discussed), so I'll probably keep it up.
I started this blog post yesterday, but when I sat down to write... nothing. As opinionated and talkative as I am, nothing came out. I thought I had things to say, but apparently not.
I suspect that one of the reasons I'm not super chatty right now is because I've spent the past 3 days in the Annual Conference for the New York State School Board Association, and even though I'm attending virtually, it's more interaction with other professionals than I've had in the past... well, 67 days! Or at least sustained interaction, because I have gone to networking events, met up with friends, and chatted with old colleagues, but staying in the zone for 8 hours/day is something I'm a little out of practice with.
I also went to a networking event this week! I found a good group of professionals - Buffalo Professionals Under 40 - that are energetic, engaged, and hold monthly events. I'm already starting to recognize people between the 2 events I've been to, and I'm looking forward to the November one. This week, I got to hold a chicken at the event, so November is going to have steep competition to October, but November is a charcuterie event, so I feel good about it.
Ok, I'm writing this through virtual sessions this morning, so I should get back to focusing. We're talking about technology this morning (AI, and now data protection), and I don't want to miss this information!
Comments
Post a Comment