It is 2pm on Friday, and I haven't submitted single job application all week.
Before anyone reports me to Tim at the Department of Labor, I have been doing things. I had an interview, which counts as an activity, went to a networking event, and watched a virtual seminar from LinkedIn about creating my personal brand. I even networked at a school board event last night where I talked to some people about cyber security.
See! Busy!
Now, I've said this before and I stand by it - I hope most of you are not nearly as online as I am these days. If you are, maybe you've seen the uproar that The New York Times created over one of their opinion pieces the other day. First of all, they knew they were in the wrong because they changed the title. It was originally titled "Did Women Ruin the Workplace?" After they got absolutely dragged online, they changed it to "Did Liberal Feminism Ruin the Workplace?" You can read it here with my gift link even though I have no idea why I'm still subscribed to them at this point: Did Women Ruin the Workplace?
I'll be honest, the title hasn't drawn me in, so I haven't read it yet, but I have a few questions. Was I laid off because I ruined the workplace? Do I ruin it just by being there, or do I have to do something specific? When I get hired for my next job, will I also ruin that workplace even though they presumably want me there? Is there a stipend for ruining the workplace, or is this more unpaid labor expected of women?
I just want to make sure I understand it, ya know?
I should probably finish up this blog and be productive. I truly did have a very busy week (at least for a laid off person), but I need to get some things done. I have something I need to put together for an interview next week, and I should submit at least one application. It seems like the least I could do. I also promised to proofread an essay for my sister, but given that my writing style these days is mostly sarcastic jokes in blog posts, maybe I should give her the chance to reconsider asking me for help.
So, if you need me, I'll be getting my unemployment "events" in and applying to my next workplace that I can ruin. Have a great weekend!
Comments
Post a Comment