My husband and I took a short weekend trip, and it was lovely. We had only ever driven through this city, so it was nice to spend some time there. We visited a couple of wineries, tried some new restaurants, went to a couple of game stores for him, bought me a couple of new books I don't need, and drove through a beautiful state park. He's been working on the weekends recently, so it was nice to have a whole weekend to ourselves.
We also got some lake effect snow, thundersnow, and graupel, so all around an exciting weekend.
Unfortunately, after dinner last night, I haven't been feeling all that great. I can't tell if it was something I ate, or if I caught something while I was out and about over the past couple of days, but the results are the same.
One of the last times we traveled, to Austin a couple of years ago for my birthday, I also caught a stomach bug of sorts. I will never know if it was a bug or food poisoning, but I spent nearly 2.5 days of our 5 days laid out on the couch of our room and getting familiar with our bathroom floor, including on my birthday. I even had to call my PCP and ask her to send me anti-nausea medicine.
I am thankfully not that bad off this time, but it is the reason I'm keeping things short and sweet tonight.
Fun fact, neither then, nor now, has my husband gotten sick. Maybe there really is something to his "refined" palette technique - since he only eats things he's familiar with, they are well-known dishes that are rarely messed up.
If anyone knows how to toughen up your constitution for traveling, please let me know.
Comments
Post a Comment