Wow, 90 days.
Time flies when all you're thinking about is when those unemployment benefits run out.
As a quick update, I had asked for good vibes last week for a final interview for a position I was interested in. I have to say, I'm disappointed in everyone's performance here.
Obviously that was sarcasm. And obviously I didn't get the job.
I will spare you the intimate details of exactly how I'm feeling, but I was talking to a friend today about how I'm feeling a little useless these days. I've always taken care of myself financially (and my partner, and my pets... but sadly not my indoor plants, they only come here to die), and this is by far the longest period of time ever where I haven't been able to do that. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but this job search is one of the most vulnerable times of my life.
Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh, right. I am more than my job. I have intrinsic value just as a person, and maybe it is time I let people step up for me now that I'm in this phase of my life.
That's what my friend said. She's much smarter than me, and my brain is still trying to digest this concept, but I suspect she's right.
Lastly, I wanted to share the smallest glimpse of positive news. I was invited to participate in the Self-Employment Assistance Program through New York State. I think the requirements are just "have a pulse and be eligible for at least 13 more weeks of unemployment benefits," which means I qualified. I will still be job searching (because health insurance), but I will also be looking into starting my own business. I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head right now about the direction I want to go in, but I'm sure I'll share more as it progresses!
My first step in the program is to find a business counselor. Is that something I can like, order online?
Comments
Post a Comment