I think I've used this title before. I need to find a job soon before I run out of wit.
I don't know what I was expecting from the networking I'm trying to do. I think I was hoping someone would be like "you're perfect, here's a salary!" But so far, that's not happening. It's just 2-hour events filled with me smiling like I'm so happy to tell everyone "Oh, it's so nice to meet you, and I'm job searching right now. What a weird market!"
At least I applied to 2 jobs today, so that's something.
I still need to figure out some trainings to take for starting my own business, and I'm waiting to be connected to a mentor. I think I can start the business now without getting a mentor and without starting the trainings, but I can't remember. Maybe it is time to read my acceptance paperwork again.
That's it for today. I have nothing new to say. Maybe I'm boring. Maybe my mood is matching the gloomy weather in WNY. Maybe it's hard to be a Bills fan. Maybe all of the above. Or maybe my ability to channel the events in my life into dark humor and snark was flipped off for today.
Whatever it is, I'm feeling a little melancholy right now, and I don't think I need to bring the room down with me.
Comments
Post a Comment