I am particularly annoyed by Marjorie Taylor Greene right now.
Oh, to be sure, I have never been a fan of hers. She is, until recently, a cruel and selfish conspiracy theorist. I would venture to say she is one of the main reasons people think the political right are so over the top.
But here we are, just a couple of weeks from her resigning on January 6, 2026, and we find out she is going to get a pension because of that.
I'm sorry, what? A pension for life? For 5 years of work? That can't be right.
But it is. According to the Forbes article I'm staring at right now, she is 51 and she will get more than $260,000 over her lifetime. It works out to about $8700/year. I know that isn't a ton of money, but as someone who has been unemployed for nearly 100 days, unemployment benefits will run out after 26 weeks on them, and worked at UB for a combined 4 years, GEICO for a total of 7 years, and IH for a year and a half when the decision was made for me that I needed to go, an extra $8700/year for her 5 years of fighting and government shutdowns sounds like a nice little cushion.
I think the cruelest part is knowing that no private sector job I've ever held would have ever offered me a pension. It doesn't exist anymore. If you want to know why "employees aren't loyal anymore" or "no one wants to work," might I direct you to exhibit A, above.
I could go on, send myself on a nice little spiral this morning, crash out on the job market again and how the government isn't doing anything to help "regular people" but will fund MTG's pension, but I should stop. It is the day before Thanksgiving, and I have plenty to do. And also do frilly stuff like "find things to be thankful for."
I guess what I'm saying is - I am thankful for the internet so I can have statistics to back up me being mad about MTG.
Comments
Post a Comment