Twas the week of Thanksgiving, when inside my head,
I practiced conversation pieces that weren't my career dead end.
The topics were chosen with the greatest of care,
Since this Buffalo girl is worried about how the Bills will soon fare.
So what is there to talk about at an event so big?
Perhaps how the elections were too big to rig?
On second thought, maybe that idea is not so smart,
I'll just talk about this blog since it's a real work of art.
I'll also prepare some book titles I've liked and recipes I've tried,
And when I'm asked how it was, I'll say "well nobody died."
I'm fairly certain the family is done asking me when I'll have a mini me,
Which is good, since my surgery has rendered that question unnecessary.
If all else fails and I'm still getting questions and pity eyes,
I can always turn to the weather and say "check out those skies."
Happy turkey day to all, and to all a Go Bills
Comments
Post a Comment