My brain is woefully underutilized right now.
Some of it is for sure my fault. I've been watching RHOSLC (which is delightful trash), and right now I'm amused by my dog and her squeaky toy. I'm rotting away most of the day with my phone in my hands, trying to remember what I was about to do, and usually forgetting. I've even been struggling with Wordle and Monday crosswords.
Who am I?
As I think most things about myself have lately, it likely stems from me not having to use my brain that much since July. Don't get me wrong, it gets the occasional workout from driving around a new city, trying a new recipe, or finishing a book, but it isn't a sustained effort.
Quick sidenote - the book I just finished was "The Day the World Came to Town," which influences the musical "Come From Away." It's about all of the plans that landed in the tiny town of Gander, Newfoundland on 9/11. There are obviously parts of the book that are sad, but the author struck up a very hopeful tone in the book. Definitely recommend.
Anyway, what I was saying is that today, I needed to work harder than I have in a while. But first, I needed to make a to-do list. I was doing my best to keep all of my thoughts in order in my brain, and it wasn't working. I'd look at my computer screen and immediately forget what I needed to be working on. I had 5454165 different tabs open, and I couldn't focus on any of them.
Well, not anymore! I made a to-do list and got several things done that I needed to! I still have a lot to do, but considering I can at least see what I need to do now, I feel significantly better about it.
I think that's it for today. If you have any thoughts about what could help me keep this brain at a functional level, I'm all ears.
Comments
Post a Comment