You know what? Today I'm not teasing my husband. He is smarter than me.
No, he isn't writing this. Instead, I'm writing this with a stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, a headache, a sore throat, and regret for eating a child's birthday cake after they spit on it trying to blow out the candles.
Every single time, he will watch the child spit all over their friends and cousins and the cake, and he will refrain from having any dessert. And every time, I say "I'll have the piece with the most frosting, please." I can't resist.
So despite the fact that I had been fighting a cold since last Tuesday when I saw my nephew on my side of the family, and then hugged everyone at Thanksgiving from every inch of this country with all their germs with their local dialects, I still thought having spit-cake on Monday for a birthday was a good idea.
And to my SIL who made the cookie cake - I would eat it again, too. Only mild regrets.
Anyway, this cold isn't stopping me. Is it significantly slowing me down? Yes, but it isn't stopping me. I watched a LinkedIn webinar on how to power up my 2026 job search, and I replied to a recruiter about a job she thought I was qualified for, so really cruising at noon on a Wednesday.
I have somewhere to go tonight, and I have to pay attention to what I'm doing, so I really need to perk up soon. I'm thinking the hottest shower I can stand and some cold medicine.
I'm done rambling for now. Learn from me and don't eat the cake. Just pass it to me, I'll take one for the team. And if you need me, you can find me on the couch with a cup of tea and tissue stuffed up my nose.
Comments
Post a Comment