Some workshops are really helpful, like the one this morning that helped me understand the importance of tracking leads on your website and how to get more customers from those "clicks."
Some workshops are less helpful, like the one I'm in right now that is walking through the different templates available for a blog.
This presenter also said she thinks everyone should have a blog. I disagree - maybe she hasn't seen the comment sections on Facebook, but I don't think everyone needs a larger platform. In fact, let's go back to the days of character limits on the platform formally known as Twitter. Say fewer words.
And yes, I know I'm being wildly hypocritical. I've accepted that in myself.
It's day 3 of no walkies for the dogs today, and they are starting to go stir crazy. Tuesday, the weather was miserable, and I had absolutely no desire to go outside in it. Yesterday, I had the cake cold (which is better today, but not gone). Today, too windy. I know I'm a wuss about that, but there are too many old, dying trees in my neighborhood. I've seen the large branches that are down after a windstorm. I don't need to be out in it to experience it firsthand. I'm good.
Anyway, I'll get them outside tomorrow. The high is supposed to be in the low 30s (so warm), and the wind should be much calmer than today.
Last night, I went to UB where a new friend is an adjunct professor. She teaches an HR management class for undergrads, and for their final presentation, she told them she'd bring in guest "judges." We were more like panelists, where we gave them feedback on their presentations at the end. They were presenting workshops to us as if we were employees at their company. They were thoughtful and overall pretty good. I haven't worked with undergrads in a minute, so I had to remember that they are truly learning here. Most of them haven't had jobs that have required HR presentations about not gossiping at work (or whatever), so they did the best they could to incorporate what they learned during the semester. I don't know how she'll grade them, but to me, it felt like they really did all try their hardest to have a good workshop.
Plus, she asked them to wear "business casual" since there would be guests, and it was cute. Little babies, trying to be professional. I appreciated it.
That's it for now. I'm going to go channel all the leftover words I have in my head into a business plan for the one I'm trying to start. Luckily Word doesn't have character limits.
Comments
Post a Comment