Out of all of my posts, I think this is only the 3rd I've written on my phone. Most of them are to be done at my professional, mid-sized screen, the laptop. But alas, I sat on the couch and now there is a dog on my lap, and you know what happens if I get up...
Speaking of said dog, in case you ever find yourself with diarrhea on your area rug, I'm here to let you know that baking soda over it to dry it up works wonders. You just vacuum it up when it is dry, and then spot treat any stain that is left.
Don't ask me how I learned that.
In other news, I'm sort of entering a different phase of my job search. I am watching the layoffs this year (up 54% over last year!) and seeing my lack of responses, and I think I'm going to start looking at places that are less corporate. I just can't sit around and wait for them to decide to unfreeze hiring at some point in Q1. I'm thinking places like the postal service or Wegmans - places with good benefits and need front-line full-time workers. I already applied to a teller position at M&T (that I didn't hear back about) thinking that if I could get in there, maybe I could move into a corporate position, and I have the same thought with these other jobs.
These aren't exactly dream jobs, but I'm gunna be honest - I don't know what my dream job is these days, so I might as well look around.
I'm also going to try and get back to baking. I go through phases with it, but it's time to get back to it. I don't know where it will lead, but at the very least, I get delicious treats out of it and that is a worthwhile adventure every time.
I hope the rest of your Sunday is great. I hope you outrun the Sunday scaries, have very little need for baking soda, and find a way to treat yo self.
Comments
Post a Comment