If you apply to enough jobs, you'll get a lot of rejections.
If you have, theoretically, applied to 76 jobs, hopefully you get no more than 75 rejections.
Some of them make sense - that VP role at a bank? Yeah, I probably didn't have the qualifications for that, no matter what their AI chatbot told me.
But some of them? Some of them suck. That was an entry-level position for customer service making just above minimum wage. Why aren't I qualified for that? The stupid part is that I am qualified for those positions, and it (hopefully) isn't me.
It isn't me, but it still sucks. It's all personal. All of it. From the layoff to the rejections, it's all personal. You can call it a business decision, but your decision impacts a person. Full stop.
What I'll say is that I feel like I'm on the right track. I've been attending some webinars for SEAP, and I'm either understanding the material or I'm already doing what's being suggested. I make SMART goals (I've been doing this since undergrad, but if it isn't second nature to you, here is a guide from Indeed). Turn those goals into tasks/items on your calendar. I try to make small improvements because they build up over time. I use accountability buddies. I reach out to friends, family, and professionals when I need help.
So keep your fingers crossed for me that this lands me a job and/or helps me build a small business that is wildly successful. I'll take either, or both.
In the meantime, though, I think I'm going to go bake something for breakfast and then watch TV. Those seem like reasonable activities for the end of today.
Comments
Post a Comment