I'm feeling a little off today. Not just because I'm still dealing with the congestion from whatever this sickness was from over the weekend, but because I'm still unemployed.
I think I just don't know what to do next.
I had an interview yesterday for a departmental supervisor at a local store, but it didn't go great. I was very out of practice for the interview, which was a surprise to me, and the interview was weird. It was clear that the interviewer had a script that needed to be read and answered in order. None of my jokes landed, and they were funny. I'm funny! Or at least witty. And when I asked some follow-up questions about one of their questions, they didn't have an answer for me. It made me question if I even want this job, and that's the first time that's happened so far this job search.
I've also only had 4 interviews (out of 80+ applications), so I guess I haven't had a lot of say in what position is right for me.
Today, I was, all things considered, rather productive. I finished some training for SEAP, took the dogs for a walk, and made something else out of Paul Hollywood's cookbook. Today, I made orange chocolate banana bread. It uses ripe bananas, orange zest (I used clementines), and chocolate chips. I think because of my stress levels, I am craving chocolate, so considering I don't have much in the house right now, I'll definitely be cutting into that tonight. I wish I had something more or different, but I guess I'll see how this turned out since it's definitely too dark to be perfect.
Actually, I do have some sherbet in the freezer. It's not chocolate, but that might be good tonight instead.
I think something that might help is if I could get back to the gym. I haven't been at all this month because my schedule has been weird, and because I haven't been feeling well. I hate going when I have a cold because I'm always afraid I'll wear my body down and get worse (which happened anyway). Or that I'll breathe these germs all over someone else.
Maybe I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow. Maybe I'll wander out to the gym, and then come home and eat banana orange chocolate bread, and regular white bread.
Just kidding. I should probably eat that before the gym. You know, carbo load.
Comments
Post a Comment