I wasn't going to post today.
I'm still pretty moody today, and I didn't think everyone needed to read that. I took a second at-home test, and it turns out I have Flu B. I am unsure how this is different than Flu A, or if there are any other flavors of flu out there, but I have the B side. I also didn't get a second interview for that supervisor position I talked about a few days ago, so.
You know.
Moody.
But, my husband and I did our annual holiday tradition tonight (before running to the pharmacy for my Tamiflu). We get hot chocolate and then drive around and look at Christmas lights.
Cute, right?
Wrong. We judge. Hard. We're looking for aesthetics, not whimsy. Holiday cheer? Only if it has clean lines and a defined color scheme. Why are the lights on your fence different than on your house? Embarrassing.
I started this by myself before I met my (now) husband, and I don't know why. I'm sure at some point during grad school, I needed some holiday cheer, and when I got in the car, I realized the ones I liked best were the ones that were *pretty*.
Admittedly, this is pretty weird for me. I personally can't wrap a present to save my life. I do not care where the ornaments on the tree go. I love to decorate Christmas cookies with little kids and use obnoxious colors and too many sprinkles. I think Christmas carols are for everyone to sing.
Wait. Am I Buddy the Elf???
But with lights? For some reason I'm Miranda Priestly.
That said, though, I do need to shake off my Grinch-iness this year. I am so so so far behind on gifts. I don't know if I was waiting for a new job to feel better about buying them, or a swift kick of motivation to get me moving, but neither of those showed up and here we are.
I'm sure many people would say "don't worry about it this year," but like... we should probably at least do something for our nieces and nephews, and maybe consider what food I'm bringing to parties.
Oh, hold on a second, I don't want to go out being a total bummer. Uhhhh...
Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?
Comments
Post a Comment