Like, a week and a half before Christmas, I woke up on a Sunday feeling crummy. I think I wrote about it. Well, I had a 3-in-1 test kit for COVID and the flus, and they all came back negative.
4 days later, someone I knew thought they'd come down with COVID, plus a whole bunch of children around me were coming down with Flu A. I took the test. And there it was. Flu... B? Ok, weird, but at least I knew what it was. I got the ok from my doctor to see people that weekend and was on tamiflu, so except some extra naps, I was cruising. The only bummer was needing to reschedule a screening interview.
One New Years Eve day (which was onlu 4 days ago?), I had to stop at Wegmans. Not only did I need stuff for dinner that night, I wanted snacks to ring in the new year, and I had to pick up a prescription. While in line at the pharmacy, which was roughly 92 people deep, I made a game time decision to get the flu shot. I had been listening to NPR while driving around and apparently the flu that is surging and putting everyone in the hospital is Flu A. No thank you, I do not need a second bout with the flu.
You know where this is going, don't you? I slept in on Jan 1, likely a combo of some drinks, the flu shot, and staying up past my bedtime. My arm was sore from the shot, but I spent my day cleaning. Yesterday, I dawdled in the morning, but I went to the gym. I spent a tough 35 minutes on the elliptical, and came off sore and a bit of a sore throat, but I figured my body was being dramatic in a reaction to not working out since November. My husband and I went out to dinner, where we discussed how tall we thought all of our nieces and nephews would get while a group of 10 teens sat next to us sipping on their waters.
At 3:45 this morning, I woke up feeling a little off. I shrugged it off as just being old and needing to pee.
At 4:45, I was awake and shivering. I couldn't get comfortable. My stomach was revolting. I'll spare you the rest, but suffice it to say that I'm currently on the couch with a sleeve of saltines and some gatorade.
Now, just like last time, the test was negative this morning. Regardless, I've canceled my plans for the rest of the weekend so no one catches whatever this is.
The absolute worst part? I moved forward from the screening interview, and I'm supposed to interview in-person this Tuesday. If I have to cancel again, this man will never trust me.
Germs, from the bottom of my heart and my achy feet and my sweaty hairline, please don't mess with me potentially getting this job.
Comments
Post a Comment