Friends, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so knock on all of the wood within arm's reach, because I think we might be close to the end of this unemployment journey.
I had two interviews this week, and both went well. I am the top candidate for one of them (as told to me by the recruiter I'm working with), and the other moved up their follow-up by two days next week. It feels good.
And it leaves me with a very important question - how will I number my blog from now on?!
I joke, as it is my standard coping mechanism, but it has taken a lot to get to this point, and it has taken a lot to figure out which job I might take. I'm hoping that by the middle of next week, I can make an announcement, and change my numbering structure.
I think I'm still going to pursue some side "hustles," if you will. I am still probably going to register for my event planning business, study for the notary public exam (their legal document is so boring), and continue to crochet little dish cloths that I might be able to sell on Etsy. I think if I learned anything from this experience, it's that having an additional way to make money is not a bad thing. I sort of rolled my eyes when finance bros would talk about "additional income streams." What I should have done was seek out that perspective from other normal people, because I'm sure I'm not the only non-finance bro to come to this realization.
Well, I'll be back between now and those interviews, but regardless, wish me luck. Cross your fingers and toes. (A friend today said "all my crossables" and that made me giggle.)
And if you need a sign that my luck might be changing, consider this: me and three other adult women wanted to grab dinner together next week since one of them is going to be coming in from out of town. She suggested Thursday. We are all available. We figured it out in a single suggestion. Four adult women, all of us free on the same night. Potentially a small miracle. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment