Dear diary,
Why does my immune system hate me? It literally plagues me. I woke up for the third time in the past month with body aches, chills, and nausea.
The provider at urgent care said I have a fever, and that I have whatever virus is this week's "flavor of the week." I hate it. I want a new flavor.
What were the fall flavors? I wasn't sick in the fall. Let me have your apple pie and pumpkin spice.
Anyway, I asked my doctor for recommendations on how to boost my immune system and stop being sick. It's hard to do this through fruits, veggies, and other "whole foods" when your body has had an upset stomach more often than not lately. Not a lot of nutrients in saltines.
I know this was a quick entry, but I'm going to take some pain meds and try to take a nap or something. I'll put Seth Meyers on in the background - his slightly unhinged panic about the times we're living in is oddly comforting. It reminds me that I'm not the only one feeling slightly unhinged these days.
Love, Stephanie
Comments
Post a Comment