Friends, I have some exciting news.
I got a job and it starts on Tuesday!
It took 149 days from layoff to signed contract for the new job. The longest amount of time I've been out of work since I started working. 0/10 do not recommend.
I applied to 82 jobs - I was ghosted by 42, rejected by 35, interviewed for 5 positions, and was finally hired at 1!
I will be working as an executive assistant for a small real estate team. I will share some more details as I become more familiar with my position, but they are really nice guys who seem genuine and work hard. I am so excited to see what I can bring to this team, and can't wait to grow into the position. The fact that they were already talking about growth was honestly a huge plus!
I already removed Indeed from my phone, and an app from one of the recruiting companies I was in contact with. It's probably the best thing I've done for my mental health in the past 150 days, and I can't wait until I feel ready to remove LinkedIn.
This afternoon, I realized I needed to tell my old lady friends. I haven't talked about them in a while, so if you're relatively new to this blog, you may need to venture back to the nicer weather to meet them. Anyway, I texted the ringleader, and she called me immediately. We chatted for about 20 minutes, with her saying she was so proud she was going to cry and that it felt like one of her granddaughters was sharing this good news with her (so sweet ðŸ˜), until I finally had to let her go so I could go pick up my nephews from school. I can't wait until April so I can see her again more regularly!
Oh, she also told me she was so excited to see me in the school newspaper. She made sure to show the others. I cannot.
I think that's it for now. Just wanted to share the good news, and tell you about the old ladies since they haven't made an appearance in a while.
I hope at least one of those things was worth the read!
Comments
Post a Comment