I have forgotten how to get ready for a job.
I haven't worked in, what, 155 days? Almost half a year. Plus surgery and recovery before that. So it's been a minute since I've needed to think about what a workday actually looks like.
Assuming the weather holds out (although, I'm not expecting miracles given our forecast for the next 48 hours), I'm going into the office tomorrow for some training and onboarding. Most of my week will look like that, but I'm worried that tomorrow will be the most challenging for me. It's going to be hard to get into a rhythm, remember to wake up early enough to shower, eat breakfast and not just grab a granola bar at the kiosk in the office. You know, be an employee.
This afternoon, I'm going to make some breakfasts for me - likely overnight oats or chia seed puddings - and see what I can put together for lunch. I was hoping to bring a salad with me, but it might just be a PB&J and some snacks since I don't have any desire to go to the store today! At least I have some clementines I can bring with me to pretend like I'm healthy. Oh! And baby carrots! Ok, win.
Then after dinner tonight, I'm going to make sure everything I need for tomorrow is packed and ready to go. I'm driving my nephews to school for my last morning shift, and then hanging out with them tomorrow when I get off of work. I want to make sure all of my supplies are ready, and get my outfit in order. Oh, I should probably wash some of the new clothes I bought...
Anyway, thanks for coming on this little rambling journey with me today. I think I have realistic plans in place for today, and the rest of the week. Have breakfast ready to go. Have an outfit ready for the next day. Pack my work bag the night before.
Fingers crossed for these best laid plans.
Comments
Post a Comment