I don’t know why, but something I keep coming back to lately is how adulthood is full of contradictions.
It’s laughing about your nephew mismanaging his time in the morning (more like his drama over it), while simultaneously being late for every single thing you had to do that day.
It’s convincing a friend to stand up for herself in a work situation while forgetting that you don’t need to know everything in your new job after less than 2 months on the job.
It’s watching what you’re eating and adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet while also doing whatever you can to make office coffee drinkable. Sugar and caffeine are willing soldiers in the fight against Daylight Saving Time.
It’s like RAIIIIIIIIIIIN on your wedding day.
Ok, sorry, I heard that song today. Now it is in your head. You’re welcome.
Anyway, I don’t really have a wrap-up here. I guess adulthood is also staying up late to finish a blog post while knowing you have an 11 hour day tomorrow. Oops.
Comments
Post a Comment