I prefer to write my blogs on my medium-sized screen, because as all millennials know, important things need to be done at the laptop. Big screen is the TV, for video games and watching The Great British Bake Off for the 83rd time. Medium screen is the laptop, where all the important things happen. And the small screen, the phone, is for declining calls, searching for answers to inane questions while scrolling in the same vicinity as your friends, and the evergreen doom scrolling.
Buy a flight on a phone? Are you out of your mind? But you can change flights on a phone. You gotta go with the vibes.
But alas, I have a dog on my lap, and she has finally stopped peeing in the house, so I will be continuing to give her the attention she requires and not standing up to find food or my laptop.
(Editor’s note to add: she is calling me a liar here by standing up as soon as I finished writing that sentence.)
Was there a reason I started writing today? Possibly because I didn’t want to go past the one week mark without a blog post. More likely is that I am annoyed by something and am trying to stop being annoyed. Obviously it’s the latter.
I struggle with this a lot, actually. My face doesn’t have an inside voice, and every thought and emotion I’ve ever had is broadcast across my face. Why is this relevant? Because when I’m annoyed, you know it, but it doesn’t mean I’m ready to talk about it. Most of the time I need to process some information, or put words to my emotions. I don’t want to react right away because my first instinct is probably to cry or get defensive or yell. But not only is that not productive, it is usually the wrong emotion to have. So you can see it on my face, hear it in my voice, or not hear it because I’ve decided the safest route is to say nothing.
And that solves nothing. But if you ask me to express myself immediately, you’re going to get the unfiltered, unedited, unproductive version.
So really that’s your fault.
I digress. I am annoyed by something. So between now and when I have to deal with it, I’m going to think about why and how to solve it.
And maybe also swear a few times.
Comments
Post a Comment