This is supposed to be about my journey to train for the 5k > 8k > half marathon, right?
The thing that I'm finding, though, is that on the days when I go for a run, I have nothing to talk about. I mean, do you want to hear about how I can't breathe halfway through and sweat starts running down my back and I can't wear my sunglasses because the sweat on my face gets on the sunglasses and they get too greasy to see through?
I didn't think so.
What I can talk about today is how life with dogs is never boring. Last night, I met a new friend because of them. She has seen them as I walk by, and last night she was in her garden when we were going past her house. She saw me and goes CAN I PET THEM??? Girl, who am I to deny something that is so exciting? So the girls got pets, and I heard about her cat and saw her backyard garden.
Like I said, new friend.
But tonight, things couldn't possibly be as sweet and innocent. Instead, it took us 15 minutes to go half a mile because Juniper just didn't feel like walking. She wasn't limping. And she was excited when I said "walk," but once we got out there, a glacier passed us. So I turned us around and headed back.
On our way back, it seems as if Poppy was not content on letting Juniper get all the attention tonight, so she did what is only logical: KILL A BUTTERFLY.
To be fair, the wings were still barely flapping when I walked away, but I don't think it was long for this world.
Friends, this butterfly was succeeding at what it was trying to do. I didn't even see it at first! It was just hanging out on a tree, blending in because it was brown. It was very Kronk doing his own theme music against a concrete wall. That's when Poppy STRUCK. Before I could even react, she had bit the butterfly. It kept flapping its wings at this point, but I think it was in shock. Before I could drag my little murderer away from the crime scene, the poor butterfly fell off the tree with some very weak flaps.
Call me a coward, but I wasn't prepared to watch it die, so I walked away.
I wonder what will happen tomorrow.
| The Killer |
| The accomplice |
Comments
Post a Comment