Friends, our favorite season has returned.
The old ladies are back.
If you’re one of the 3 avid readers of this blog, you know that they never truly go away. In fact, when I got my job, my bestie Pat called me to congratulate me and cry because she was so worried about me being out of a job, so they’re sort of omnipresent.
But the summer is their season.
I got back from the gym tonight (yes, I made it) and after 3 seconds on the couch, I decided to take the dogs for a walk in this gorgeous weather before I got too comfortable. And 6 houses down, I saw my favorite sight: a group of chairs on Pat’s patio. I cut through Kathy’s and Mary’s yards, which is a perk of living in a neighborhood that I never got to experience as a kid, and made a beeline for the group.
They start waving to me before I can even hear them, and when I get in earshot, I am not expecting what they say to me.
“We just finished a bubblegum blowing contest!”
I want to be just like them when I grow up.
Comments
Post a Comment