It is possible this question won’t resonate with anyone, but does anyone else struggle when you get thrown off course? Maybe it’s just me, but if I get thrown off course, it takes a while to make it back.
I have no sense of routine on the weekends right now. I couldn’t tell you how I’ve been spending my evenings. I haven’t cooked or made a dinner in… weeks? I’m supposed to be telling you about my running, but at least than one is easy: there has been no progress. I actually don’t remember the last time I ate a fruit or vegetable, and I do think my body is rebelling over it.
I don’t really know what caused this. I know I had that pulled muscle in my neck a few weeks ago, and it’s possible that did it. My husband and I had tried to pick up Weight Watchers (again) to try and keep ourselves moving in a direction of incorporating new foods, but we managed to do it for 2 weeks until I didn’t plan a week for us after I took that wine weekend away about a month ago. The heat is back, and I keep thinking about what food should look like this week in order to nourish myself without sweating to death. And, as previously discussed, I hate summer foods.
I’m not sure where the disconnect is. I’m not sure how to force my brain to move in the right direction. Hell, I don’t know how to move it in ANY direction right now. I think about needing to clean out the fridge (because of course I paid the disorganized tax because I didn’t use all my produce from last week and we didn’t eat leftovers), and meal plan, but first take inventory of what we have, then go grocery shopping, then come home and cook it. Oh, I need to do dishes probably before AND after cooking because I have only done them twice this week. And put it away before I walk the dogs on the edge of twilight so it is even marginally cooler than during daylight hours.
And it all feels like too much.
So instead, I’m doomscrolling and disassociating and completely ignoring all of my other responsibilities because it is easier to ignore the kitchen than to think about food.
So yeah, anyway. Am I the only one? Did I get too real here? And how can I jumpstart it?
At least a teen told me today that she liked my necklace, so I guess it isn’t all bad.
Comments
Post a Comment