I know, it seems too early for a rest day, but my body did not seem to be open to negotiations. I went from truly no exercise (or very little) to 1-2 dogs walks/day, and then a swim —> run (ish) —> strength day, and the struggle to get up today was real. The snooze button got a workout this morning instead of me. Plus, my stomach has felt weird all day. I assume it is something I ate, but ya know what?
I don’t need to test it with a run tonight.
But I am feeling a little guilty about hanging out on the couch with the dogs. Don’t get me wrong, they seem fine about it. I have one next to my head, and one between my feet, so they have settled in and are relaxing now that they have protected the house from my boss and some of my husband’s friends. What I’m saying, though, is that the weather is gorgeous, so I should be outside, right? In places where we start bargaining with the winter to give us just a single day without snow in January, it feels like a crime to spend a sunny day in June completely inside.
Except, considering I fell asleep between when I started writing this post and now, maybe I shouldn’t feel so guilty 😂
Plus, it really wasn’t a total wash. Me and the girls got out early today, around 8:30 this morning for a short jaunt around the neighborhood. It was garbage day in the neighborhood, and it is not to be missed from a dog perspective.
I’m not sure the point of this blog post now that I have taken a nap mid-writing, so forgive me for ending this short tonight. Mostly the thing I’m saddest about is that I might have missed another round of the bubblegum contest. Guess I better keep practicing!
Comments
Post a Comment