I wish I was as invested in my own stuff as much as I am invested in other people’s stuff.
You’re looking for a job? Cool, here are the 83 links I found useful during my most recent job search, and 12 connections that might be able to help. You’re thinking about buying a house? Great news, I know about these two banks that each have 9 different programs and grants to help you buy the house you want. Plus, I set up a search for houses in your area. Want to take a trip? Here are your options by train, plane, and car. I also found the best restaurants for when you get there, and this would be the hotel I’d stay in.
Note - this is barely an exaggeration.
But my dishes didn’t get done today? There is laundry in the dryer? I skipped the gym? Again?
Oh well.
It’s like I need the external pressure, to know someone is relying on it. Ok, that’s not even quite right. The people in the examples above didn’t even ask for help, I just jumped in, uninvited. Maybe my brain wants the dopamine from someone finding me useful, because I wouldn’t exactly say I’m a “people pleaser.” I have strong opinions and a face with no inside voice. Whether or not you like me is not the concern.
But did I solve the problem? Did I do it right? Do you have all the information you need to make a decision? Does this set the standard for your expectations going forward?
Then cool.
So now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be researching “how to start a podcast” instead of getting enough sleep for me to want to hit the gym tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment