I just got back from my walk with the dogs, our second of the day, and I have no desire to do yoga today.
Some of the hippiest of yogis would say “that is the time you need yoga the most,” and if someone said that to me, the only thing being exercised that day is my patience. I’ll probably force myself into a short routine before bed, but I kind of just want to… exist horizontally on the couch right now.
I am being more active, though. I had reached my weekly cardio goal (according to Fitbit) by Wednesday, and my average daily step count is 1700 steps over last week. I’m not saying this to make excuses, but instead to remind myself that training for the 5k —> 8k —> half marathon is already having one of its intended effects: more movement. And if that movement doesn’t include yoga tonight? Oh well.
I also have a pretty busy weekend, at least for me. I’ve got an appointment early tomorrow morning, taking a 6 hour sewing class tomorrow afternoon, and then going to Shea’s on Sunday to see Suffs. At some point, I should also do dishes, laundry, and grocery shop. And go for a run.
So if I want to be horizontally on the couch tonight, that seems reasonable.
Comments
Post a Comment