I can't tell if I need to be more flexible with myself, or less. Do I need to provide myself more structure, a stricter schedule? Or do I need to let myself go with the flow?
I'm thinking about this today because I keep thinking about all of the things I'd really like to do. For example, this running section of this blog that has had no talk of exercise in 4 weeks because I got an injury and haven't gotten back into. Or the book goal I set for myself for the year but promptly put aside when I was losing my mind trying to settle into this new job. Or the book I've been toying wth for about a year now. Or the fact that I realized that literally anyone can submit an entry into county fairs for pies, cookies, cakes, and brownies. And I'm throwing a brunch... next weekend.
I also would love to bring in more money, considering this job was a significant pay cut to what I was making at Independent Health. I think I could do some kind of copy writing or newsletter writing as a contractor or freelancer and bring in something extra. And, oh yeah, I signed up for an online course to become a notary.
Where was I going with this post? Right, what's my move here? I think I need to prioritize based on timeline. I need to think about my brunch, and what I'm going to serve, and what else I might need to get together. Then I will need to ignore the heat and bust out some pies, cookies, and brownies. This should be fun, though, and probably fit around work and other obligations. If you work with me, be prepared for incoming goodies. Reading should also be fun, and I'm going to try and replace some of my screentime with reading instead.
Then other things I think are going to need to be more regimented. The gym and exercise do need some planning. I don't glisten, which is what some women call it when they sweat. No, I full on sweat. Running down my neck, dripping into my eyeball, sweating. So this needs planning because I can't just go to the gym and then hang out with people. That's offensive. No, I need to gym, at most, run into a store for an ingredient for dinner or a pie, do self-checkout, and then come home to shower. Making time to do other work, like my business, my book, my writing, the notary course, or contract writing, should probably also be scheduled. Or at least, block some time out for it. Say "I need to work for an hour 2 nights/week" or "every Sunday morning is writing time." Although, maybe every Sunday morning should be yoga time and then writing time.
Or not, this is just an example.
Right now, I'm watching the GBBO for the 749th time, calling it research, and listening to my dogs protect me from the mail carrier. They have a lot of energy today because I didn't have it in me to take them for a walk this morning. Yesterday morning was so toasty that my glasses fogged up by just thinking about taking them for a walk. They can hang for a day.
But, even with all the things I do WANT to do, sometimes I'm jealous of these furry little freeloaders. Oh, to be a doggo on a blanket on a couch in the air conditioning, with nothing else to do.
Comments
Post a Comment