I've really been neglecting my blog lately, and I'm sure that upsets all 3 of my dedicated, regular readers.
I struck out on TikTok, hoping to find a new audience that might want to help me pay for tuition. (As a reminder, I have a GoFundMe here, if you'd like to help. No pressure, though. I know we're all struggling these days.) But it turns out that editing videos is a lot of effort and time, and mine aren't even that good. I may not have found a windfall over there, but I did find a lot of other great bakers to follow, so I'm not mad about it.
I also have been applying to scholarships and jobs and ordering textbooks and trying to write short stories to enter into contests to win money, so this creative endeavor got put on the backburner for a while.
The dogs and I went for our first walk today in nearly 2 weeks. Juniper had been limping, and I have a hurt ankle right now, so we were both on "couch potato" duty. I think Juniper is still limping a little bit, but we have a couple of days of pain meds left for her, and it is definitely better, so I think she was happy to get out for some exercise today. As for me, this is left over from a sprain (probably multiple sprains, if I'm honest), and I've had an x-ray and MRI done on it now. Now I'm just waiting on the doctor to make a decision on what she wants to do about it. If anything. I hope it isn't PT. I had to do that when I slipped on ice a couple of years ago and took out my knee, and it was just... obnoxious.
But, I guess I'll do what she says because my exercise regimen is basically nonexistent. I should be going swimming, but I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that having to leave the house just to exercise when I'm unemployed isn't exactly easy for this ADHD girlie to do. "Build it into your routine." WHAT ROUTINE???
Anyway, I'm actually here to brag. Not even a humble brag. Full brag.
I entered my chocolate chip cookies into the Niagara County Fair, and they won! They came in 1st place in the chocolate chip cookie division! And they were also "best in show," so I'm the Grand Champion of cookies! Honestly, so fun. Very thankful.
I'm shocked, but also... it feels right. Like, ok, I'm moving in the right direction finally. And maybe this is another sign. It started with leaving a crummy job with crummy bosses, who wanted to fire me on the day I wanted to quit, and now I won in a cookie baking contest! I swear, I don't usually believe in signs from the universe, but it does feel like someone is hitting me over the head with a baseball bat for this decision.
Ok, I'm going to leave you with a picture of my ribbons, and then I'm going to head out. I just finished making zucchini muffins, and I am going to go show my old ladies my ribbons in person. I'll try to be back more often than once a week, but I make no promises. I'm out here tryna hustle.
Comments
Post a Comment